Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Lollipop and First trip to the Hospital

Skylyn loved her first lollipop. She was mad when it was gone so I caved and gave her another one. A few minutes after her second one was gone I was holding her and she went limp. I was so scared I could not get her to respond to me. I grabbed her out of the pool got my stuff, called the doctor and headed to the ER. Thank goodness Aunt B took Malaina, Madison and Cassidy.

Skylyn had a febrile seizure, which is a seizure due to a quickly rising fever. She had a 103.3 fever and the fever was caused by her having a double ear infection. Febrile seizures do not cause any long-term effects and Sky is doing fine now. It was so scary and I hope no one has to go through that.

Skylyn started perking up at the hospital and was getting mad at Daddy for not giving her enough Cheerios at a time. It was so funny and we were so happy to see her getting back to her old self.


The girls at Aunt B's house. I think she kept them content by giving them lollipops and letting them watch television. They loved every minute of it!

1 comment:

Brandy Wilson said...

I just had to check your blog to see how little Miss Sky is doing. I was so scared when you left the pool. The 3 girls were absolute angels! I wish Malaina would have shown more concern for her sister though. Madison and Cassidy were very worried about Sky being so sick. I know you were worried about Cassidy but she was great. She made herself right at home with the snacks and drink, watched some TV and danced to Yo Gabba! She is such a sweet little girl. Malaina kept telling me that she wasn't too tired. I tried to get her to take a nap in my bed but that lasted for maybe 2 minutes.... I tried to get her to lay down on the couch. I even gave her a Dora blanket but Cassidy liked it better than Malaina and Cassidy laid down with it.

I am so thankful that Sky is doing well but I had fun spending time with the girls too!