Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Update

My Mom and I hit up some yard sales this weekend. Marty thinks I created a monster, haha! It is so fun though and it is nice to have some adult time. We got some good stuff. My Mom got a table that I painted and then I was inspired to paint our futon. It looks so much better! I think this week I will paint Madison's new bed that Grandpa is building. I love a project, but I doubt Grandpa loves me doing projects because they always involve him in some way.

Tomorrow is Malaina's last day of preschool :( She will miss her friends, but I am sure we will have lots play dates.

Some cute stories...

Skylyn can be a total mess at times, but she is always cute. She will sometimes say stuff that cracks me up like out of the blue...saying, "Papa has big truck" or calling Grandma, "Maina" (which is what she calls Malaina) or on the way to TT's saying, "I TT's buddy." The other night I was cracking up because I thought she pooped so I asked her, "Sky did you poop?" and she responded, "No, I pass gas." It was hilarious. I tried to get her to say it on video, but of course she wouldn't do it. I said, "Sky did you poop" and she just said, "No." I asked her, "What did you do?" and she just said, "I don't know." Anytime she passes gas now I have to ask her if she pooped and she will always say, "No, I pass gas." It never gets old and she says it with the cutest expression.

Malaina impressed me tonight...we were doing Madison's old preschool cards (I have no idea where she found them) and you had to find two of the same words. I asked her what the words said and she said, "pig." I was shocked that she knew what it said. I guess I underestimated how smart she is.

No comments: